31 August 2009

Arriving

My plane landed around 5:30 in the morning on a Monday. Not having slept, I managed to shuffle out of the cabin, cluster my life segregated into three rectangular boxes, and take a taxi to 143 Park Drive.

About two hours later I arrived at the Espresso Royale Cafe in Symphony; I had ventured there with my parents during our last visit. Having some time to kill before the home stores opened, I drank a large black coffee trying to assure myself that I was not on vacation nor visiting.

The remainder of the day was pretty lonely. I walked to and fro, here and there, picking up some essential goods. The reality of carrying objects without the help of a car was a quick realization that while refreshing was also a little frustrating. Most of the key elements were at Ikea, which I could not travel to without a car so I was left with bedding and some bath supplies by the end of the day. I had a comforter on top of a sheet on top of a yoga mat on top of a freshly varnished wooden floor to call my bed. After picking up some thai food around the corner along with an oversized Stella, I called it a night watching There Will Be Blood in a room of wooden floor and white walls and not much more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment